Senior Integration Architect
Bala Cynwyd, PA
Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers. Customer service is our focus and our passion! TMNAS adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals.
The Senior Integration Architect is responsible for leading the technical design and implementation of business solutions, APIs, services and other integration related components for TMNAS and Group companies. They will partner with business relationship managers, business analysts, project managers and application developers to determine design decisions and document the solution to meet the business requirements; work with the project and business teams analyzing requirements to provide enterprise business solutions that fit into the enterprise architecture. A candidate for this position must be able to work in a varied, fast-paced environment as part a service delivery function for TMNA Services (TMNAS) and its Group Companies.
- Lead/Participate in the analysis, design and technical implementation of solution components:
- Blueprint desired target state of business solution architecture
- Identify business areas, technology assets, processes and people affected by solution and document gaps between current and target state
- Provide a road map to a target business solution (including a plan for aligning technology assets with the business target state)
- Contribute to the technical implementation of projects and POCs when required.
- Design and implementation of services according to technical specifications and business requirements.
- Development and maintenance of SDLC artifacts related to solution design and implementation
- Implementation of project design and development deliverables.
- Manage post planning phase business changes to solution design
- Responsible for reviewing business analysis documentations in order to provide technical analysis, estimates, and technical design of solutions.
- Maintain and enforce Integration coding best practices and standards.
- Manage effective communication between business units, technical teams, senior leadership and service providers. Understand business area opportunities and challenges, process or system impacts to all related business or systems areas when implementing recommended solution to obtain business objectives.
- Advises and guides team in assigned projects.
- Determine gaps in existing technology and operational improvements.
- Provide technical leadership and expertize to the integration team as part of various projects, initiatives or BAU operations.
- Represent team recommendations to Senior Management, demonstrate influence over governance bodies, and communicate effectively via formal presentations.
- Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the company
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, MIS or a related technical discipline
- Certification in one or more Enterprise Architecture frameworks
- 7+ years demonstrated expertise designing, implementing, and supporting Enterprise-grade technical solutions meeting complex business requirements
- 5+ years of experience providing technical solutions development for SaaS and on-prem applications using Java or .Net Technologies
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with ESB integrations with DotNet or Java.
- 3+ years of experience with API Management, XML, JMS, WS-*, SOA integration technologies and standards
- Experience with Hadoop and any data movement ETL Tools
- Successful track record of delivering quality results in cross-functional work environments and teams
- Experience establishing standards and providing Enterprise Architecture Governance across a large complex organization
- Strong foundational background in Application Development/Solution Architecture on large or complex systems
- Experience translating complex technical terminology, concepts and issues in terms understandable to technical and non-technical management and staff
- Experience working with agile software delivery methodologies
- Experience working in insurance industry P&C sector is a plus
- Experience working in Guidewire insurance suite is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Enterprise Architecture frameworks and patterns.
- Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices, and deliverables associated with eliciting and clearly defining and documenting required business functionality as well as non-functional requirements.
- Strong knowledge of API management and service catalog management concepts and practices
- Knowledge of organizational politics and political tactics; ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels.
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Strong knowledge of application development processes, DevOps, and Agile methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of data management and database development technologies and processes including logical data modeling techniques.
- Knowledge of Insurance applications and insurance domain is preferred
- Strong problem solving and software triage skills with the ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment
- Strong customer service orientation toward Business Units requiring technical consultation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong leadership skills; able to work with a group to set its objectives and agenda, generate allegiance to those objectives, and guide and motivate achievement.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Strong business analysis skills, to critically evaluate the business needs gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details and create a clear solution.
- Strong analytical skills, to analyze information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose requirements into details and create a clear solution.
- Strong writing and communication skills, including effective listening, speaking, writing, and presenting.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills; able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Ability to maintain enterprise-wide awareness and think at various levels, ranging from high concept to low detail.
- Strategic thinking; Applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, juggle many tasks at once and quickly shift from one situation or task to another; adapt to changing situations with ease and adjust schedules to meet deadlines.
- Strong drive to execute and deliver.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.