Records Management Analyst
Bala Cynwyd, PA
The TMNA Group Companies have established a Records and Information Management Program (“RIM”) designed to provide for the preservation of various categories of Company Records for specific periods of time and to provide for systematic discarding of materials that no longer need to be retained. This position is in the TMNAS IT Department and will liaise with the TMNAS Legal Department, as well as with constituent Group Company Records consumers, to ensure retention and destruction of all hardcopy and electronic records of the group companies are instituted per TMNAS legal policy and will ensure that business units are equipped with the necessary tools required to comply with the TMNA RIM Policy and Retention Schedule as defined.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for all TMNAS IT projects involving Data and Information retention.
- Liaise with TMNAS Legal to incorporate all systems changes and audit requirements as required by RIM Policy and Schedule.
- Facilitate and coordinate with IT operations for communicating impacts, timelines, dependencies, and potential technical operations risks.
- Oversee and monitor RIM implementation efforts across all group companies.
- Assess system impact(s) and requirements as a result of RIM Retention Schedule changes made by the TMNAS Legal Department. Conversely, make recommendations to TMNAS Legal for Schedule changes due to system, demand management, or procedural limitations.
- Provide guidance regarding system enhancement of implementation to Business Units regarding RIM.
- Establish and build strong working relationships with designated RIM coordinators in Technology and Business Units as well as the TMNAS Legal.
- Communicate with TMNAS IT and Legal Management to ensure continuity and transparency with implementation efforts.
- Work collaboratively with TMNAS Legal, TMNAS IT, and Group Company stakeholders on eDiscovery, Litigation Hold and retention or destruction of electronic documents and email.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Perform special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, MIS, or Software Engineering)
- Experience with legal regulatory practices associated to Records and Information
- A thorough understanding of Corporate Legal Department operations
- Experience with Information Security strategies and policies
- Knowledge of Business processes in support of e-Discovery, Legal Hold, record retention and record disposal
- Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices and deliverables associates with eliciting and clearly defining and documenting requires business functionality as well as non-functional requirements
- Knowledge of formal methodologies for planning and executing application development, enhancement, or support
- Knowledge of tools and facilities for developing and populating databases
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for design and development of paper-based and online technical reference documentation, guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.
- Ability to write business requirements and functional specifications
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate)
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions
- Strategic thinking; Applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.