Data Analyst III - Data Warehouse
Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers. Customer service is our focus and our passion! TMNAS adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals.
Responsible for analyzing, interpreting, and profiling data for both sourcing and consumption of data warehouse information. Work with business partners to outline data needs and assist in modeling dimensional data structures that meet those needs. Generate documentation surrounding data analysis, source to target mappings and business processes as they relate to data.
- Meets with business partners to deconstruct business processes and generate requirements for data warehousing.
- Plans and conducts data warehouse unit tests, monitors results and takes corrective action as appropriate.
- Writes SQL scripts for profiling, reconciliation, and data cleansing as needed.
- Maintains data integrity and identifies areas within data warehousing that can be optimized and/or streamlined based on consumption.
- Coordinates with other teams within the IT department to ensure the implementation and monitoring of data warehouses is completed.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, MIS, or Mathematics)
- 5 – 7 years’ experience preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with complex SQL and Dimensional Data Modeling
- Experience with T-SQL and ETL (Advanced Design Concepts)
- Experience with dimensional data modeling
- Knowledge of formal methodologies for ETL and dimensional data modeling.
- Knowledge of ETL tools and facilities for developing and populating dimensional data warehouses.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for design and development of paper- based and online technical reference documentation, guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, etc.
- Ability to write requirements and specifications for ETL developers.
- Knowledge of OLAP tools.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong comprehension skills.
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to understand business processes and provide data solutions.
- Strategic thinking; Applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.