Bala Cynwyd, PA
Programmer III / Web Development Team is responsible for leading and/or participating in the support and maintenance, technical design, and development and implementation of different external web portals and other related components for TMNAS and our Group Companies. A candidate should be self-motivated, directed, and a passionate hands on developer who is quick at analysis and resolving issues. A candidate for this position must be able to work in a varied, fast-paced environment as part of a service delivery function for TMNA Services (TMNAS) and its Group Companies. They are also expected to possess advanced skills in key areas (articulated below).
- Lead/participate in the analysis, design, and technical implementation of mobile optimized web sites and related components.
- Responsible for the implementation of different web applications according to the provided technical specifications and business requirements.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of SDLC artifacts related to portal implementation.
- Analyze and translate functional specifications into technical specifications
- Participate in architectural design of the functional enhancements
- Ensure accuracy of the implementation through unit testing and assists with user acceptance testing
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data and applications through analysis and coding
- Communicate technical recommendations back to business analysts, subject matter experts, and end users.
- Lead on-going production support for implemented projects.
- Manage production support tickets in terms of severity.
- Provide resolution of support tickets.
- Provide reporting of project statuses to project management and leadership.
- Support offshore developers by providing advice, coaching, and technical support on their development tasks.
- Responsible for planning and creating release packages of various web sites and web applications and related components, working with the release management team
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years of web development experience on Microsoft platform.
- 5 years professional experience in developing C# and ASP.NET based web applications and web sites.
- 5 years professional experience in developing applications using SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014.
- 3 years professional experience in developing MVC web applications
- 3 years professional experience in developing web services for the web consumption (REST, SOAP, JSON, WEB API).
- Strong hands-on experience in Object Oriented design and programming
- Experience with SQL using Microsoft SQL Server or any other RDBMS and performance tuning.
- Experience configuring and developing on IIS 7.5 & 8.5 platform.
- Experience in Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 and 2015 including Team Foundation Server.
- Experience with any Content Management System experience is a plus.
- Experience developing mobile solutions for IOS and Android mobile devices is a plus
- Experience developing SQL Server Reports (SSRS) is a plus
- Experience working in insurance industry P&C sector is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Object-Oriented Design and Object-Oriented Programming
- Advanced knowledge of SOA principles, design patterns, implementation methodologies, and related tools.
- Advanced knowledge of XML, XSLT.
- Strong knowledge of Unit testing frameworks and SOAPUI
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle methodologies for planning and executing application development, enhancement, or support.
- Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices, deliverables and techniques for implementing new or enhance integrations into a production environment.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational, or process problems, ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for design and development of paper-based and online technical reference documentation, guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.
- Knowledge of HP Application Lifecycle Management is a plus
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Clear communication and comprehension skills
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate)
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Strong drive to execute and deliver
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate with other development teams
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.