.NET Developer, Integrations
Bala Cynwyd, PA
Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers. Customer service is our focus and our passion! TMNAS adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals.
Programmer III – Integration Team is responsible for leading and/or participating in the support and maintenance, technical design, and development and implementation of different services and other integration related components for TMNAS and our Group companies. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, self-directed, and a hands on developer with a great passion for development and quick at analysis and resolving issues. A candidate for this position must be able to work in a varied, fast-paced environment as part of a service delivery function for TMNA Services (TMNAS) and its Group Companies and is expected to possess advanced skills in key areas (articulated below).
- Lead/participate in the analysis, design and technical implementation of different services for integration related components.
- Responsible for implementation of different integration components according to provided technical specifications and business requirements
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of SDLC artifacts related to services implementation.
- Analyze and translate functional specifications into technical specifications
- Participate in architectural design of the functional enhancements
- Ensure accuracy of the implementation through unit testing and assists with user acceptance testing
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data and applications through analysis and coding
- Communicate technical recommendations back to business analysts, subject matter experts and end users.
- Lead on-going production support for implemented projects.
- Manage production support tickets in terms of severity.
- Provide resolution of support tickets.
- Provide reporting of project statuses to project management and leadership.
- Support offshore developers by providing advice, coaching and technical support on their development tasks.
- Responsible for planning and creating release packages of integration services and related components working with the release management team
- Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the company.
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years of API/Web development experience on Microsoft platform.
- 5 years professional experience in developing C# and ASP.NET based web applications.
- 5 years professional experience in developing application using SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014.
- 3 years professional experience in developing and deploying .NET applications with either WCF or MVC or WEB API/RESTful services
- Strong hands-on experience in Object Oriented design and programming
- Development experience using Web API using ASP.Core.
- Experience with SQL using Microsoft SQL Server or any other RDBMS and performance tuning.
- Experience working with source code repositories (Subversion, Microsoft Visual Studio 2015, 2017 including Team Foundation Server) and continuous integration/deployment
- Professional experience with XML, XSD, XSLT, WSDL, HTTP(s), FTP
- Experience with open source tools & frameworks i.e. Serilog, Nuget, Entity framework.
- Experience working with the ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) is a plus.
- Experience working in insurance industry P&C sector is a plus
- Strong knowledge of Unit testing frameworks and SOAPUI
- Advanced knowledge of Object-Oriented Design and Object-Oriented Programming
- Advanced knowledge of SOA principles, design patterns, implementation methodologies, and related tools
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle methodologies for planning and executing application development, enhancement, or support.
- Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices, deliverables and techniques for implementing new or enhance integrations into a production environment.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational, or process problems, ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for design and development of paper-based and online technical reference documentation, guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.
- Knowledge of HP Application Lifecycle Management is a plus
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Clear communication and comprehension skills
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate)
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Strong drive to execute and deliver
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate with other integration teams
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.