Instructional Technology Specialist II
Bala Cynwyd, PA
Under direction of the Senior Enterprise Training Manager, the IT Training and Communications Specialist is responsible for working directly with key stakeholders in Information Technology and other TMNAS business units to identify, recommend, design and implement appropriate solutions for learning and performance improvement. This position is also responsible for content development, delivery, communications and vendor partnerships associated with IT and IT solutions.
Working cooperatively with the TMNAS Enterprise Training and Communications teams as well as and IT partners:
- Based on a needs assessment, manages and leads training and communication related to integrations, enhancements, and change management for TMNAS Information Technology
- Supports and maintains Enterprise IT communications and a strategic training calendar with key stakeholder buy-in
- Proactively identify issues that impact performance, human capital and business and system effectiveness and work on improvement through training, communications and change management
- Strategically scopes and manages projects; assessing for high-value and return, and fully operationalizing and executing training and communication plans
- Provides troubleshooting and business relationship management for information technology change management and learning issues.
- Builds and maintains effective partnerships with key functional leaders, human resources and management staff across TMNAS.
- Evaluates learning impact using standard training measurements and evaluation
Bachelor’s degree required
3 to 5 years’ experience in Information Technology, Training, HR Systems, or Organizational Development.
Experience with insurance organizations highly desirable.
- Strong technical knowledge of Saas Solutions, HRIS platforms and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of organizational politics and political tactics; ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels
- Knowledge of design and development within online content authoring tools (Adobe Presenter and Captivate, ConnectPro, Camtasia, PPT and Webex preferred)
- Knowledge of adult learning: principles, practices and measurement
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service orientation toward Business Units requiring consultative approach (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate). Ability to think at an enterprise level across business units.
- Strong initiative and problem solving skills, with a sense of urgency. Ability to self-manage projects and workload. Strong attention to accuracy and detail.
- Collaborates effectively as part of multiple teams (IT, HR, HRIS, Training and OD, multiple business partners) both remote and onsite.
- Writing and communication skills to develop clear, lively and engaging content for a variety of target audiences.
- Ability to build and implement a multi-stakeholder communication plan; able to target communication messaging to a variety of audiences effectively
- Ability to manage projects
- Strategic thinking; applying organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on organizational success factors
- Ability to work independently without excessive supervision and also effectively as part of a team
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.