Senior Business Analyst
Jersey City, NJ
Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers. Customer service is our focus and our passion! TMNAS adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals.
The Sr. Business Analyst will be the vital link between our information technology capability and our Group Company business objectives by ensuring the successful documentation and communication of business and system requirements. The Business analyst has expertise in analysis and description of business processes, and their translation into functional and non-functional IT requirements. The Business Analyst role is dynamic requiring excellent skills in building relationships, facilitation, communication, collaboration, problem solving and articulate documentation. This person acts as the interpreter and liaison between the Group Company and the IT development and quality assurance teams. Typical deliverables include necessary artifacts identified during requirements planning like estimations, stakeholder analysis, requirements planning checklist, functional and non-functional requirements, business process documentation, use cases, prototypes, data definition and mapping. The Business Analyst may also support user acceptance testing and training documentation as needed. Business Analysts
are the important link on projects and production support, helping bridge the gap between different teams while also making sure the clients' business problems and needs are understood.
- Responsible for eliciting, analyzing, and documenting high-level and detailed business requirements.
- Responsible for BA artifacts which may include process flows, data mapping, release notes, training documents and/or use cases.
- Responsible for identifying, evaluating, and recommending potential solution options.
- Responsible for contributing to the feasibility and cost benefit of potential solution options.
- Responsible for managing communications between IT and business for assigned work.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objective based on user needs and thorough understanding of business processes as needed.
- Works with internal business groups on process improvement projects designed to improve business results as needed.
- Provides technical guidance concerning business implications of application development projects.
- Gathers and analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group.
- Provides defect triage support to QA.
- Provides User Acceptance support for release preparation.
- Provides technical support to project team members.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor Degree (preferably in MIS, IT, or Business) or equivalent work experience.
- Insurance knowledge/certifications preferred.
- CBAP or other BA certification is desired
- 10+ years’ business analysis is required.
- 3 + years of Property and Casualty Insurance industry experience required
- Waterfall and Agile SDLC experience preferred.
- Outstanding strategic insight to understand and consider relevant organizational / departmental impacts of decisions and departmental growth strategy
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Outstanding ability to build effective relationships with cross functional team members and stakeholders
- Experience writing business requirements and functional specs
- Demonstrated knowledge of SDLC
- Experience with UI/design specs/wireframes
- Familiarity with BABOK and its techniques
- Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices and deliverables associated with eliciting, clearly defining and documenting requirements and business functionality as well as non-functional requirements.
- Knowledge of formal methodologies for planning and executing application development, enhancement, or support.
- Knowledge of tools and techniques for design, development, and support of Client/Server applications.
- Knowledge of tools and programming languages for writing and modifying programs that comprise an application system.
- Knowledge of tools and facilities for developing and populating application databases.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for design and development of paper-based and online technical reference documentation, guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.
- Ability to write business requirements and functional specifications.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Strategic thinking; Applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.