Business Analyst III, User Acceptance
Bala Cynwyd, PA
February 20, 2018
Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers. Customer service is our focus and our passion! TMNAS adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals.
The User Acceptance Analyst will serve as a liaison between the User and IT implementation teams on a new enterprise program across Group Companies in adherence to the User Acceptance Framework. The User Acceptance Framework defines an enhanced relationship between IT and the user community through engagement early and often, additional transparency from IT and users, and high levels of collaboration throughout the SDLC. The Analyst will be responsible for developing Acceptance Test Plans, ensuring completion of User Acceptance Checklists, Updating Execution Plans, and delivering information through weekly statuses. The Analyst will own the reporting of User Acceptance metrics and analysis of KPIs. The Analyst will also work with Quality and Release Management leadership to maintain processes and practices necessary to retain accurate information; and improve upon them if necessary.
- Coordinate varying User Acceptance preparations for dedicated Early Business Testing (EBT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) milestones including, but not limited to, data needs, access needs, environment needs, business scenario documentation, etc.
- Manage relationships with both internal and external teams/customers/stakeholders.
- Provide critical feedback and action-oriented recommendations that provide value for User Acceptance processes across the enterprise.
- Collaborate with end users from various levels and departments on User Acceptance planning efforts for projects and major planned releases.
- Create User Acceptance test plans in collaboration with the Business Manager, Business User, Business Analysts, and Project Managers.
- Participate in functional demonstrations of system changes alongside development team and business analysts (system and project).
- Monitor User Acceptance Testing efforts and work with users to mitigate any issues/delays.
- Ensure that all entrance and exit criteria to begin User Acceptance Testing have been met and track via the User Acceptance Checklist.
- Provide weekly User Acceptance statuses to all stakeholders.
- Obtain formal/written User Acceptance (approval) from stakeholders
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor Degree (preferably in MIS, IT, or Business)
- Insurance knowledge/certifications preferred.
- Certified Scrum Master designation a plus
- 7-10 years’ experience in business analysis and/or release management required.
- Outstanding strategic insight to understand and consider relevant organizational / departmental impacts of decisions and departmental growth strategy.
- Subject matter expertise-level working experience in problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present to all levels of management
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups at multiple levels in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong time management skills to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Extensive understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Hands on working experience with HP ALM preferred
- Hands on working experience with CA Technologies Agile Central preferred
- Knowledge of Onshore-Offshore resourcing and management model preferred
- Understanding of Release and Project Management methodologies
- Extensive experience with User Acceptance Testing
- Dev-ops, Agile and SAFE experience a plus
- Highly capable of being highly involved in the day to day details as well as big picture thinking to decipher what type of information provides value to the users in the present as well as future.
- Strategic thinking; applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Able to translate between technical requirements and high level business needs to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work autonomously when needed; driving towards completion of set milestones and goals.
- Highly effective at working collaboratively as part of the team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.