Business Relationship Manager
Bala Cynwyd, PA
At TMNA Services, LLC, we provide professional support services to the Tokio Marine Group of companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America Inc., the First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and the Philadelphia Insurance Companies. This role in our Information Technology department is designed specifically to support Philadelphia Insurance Companies. At TMNAS, customer service is our focus and our passion! We strive to add value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals.
The role of the Business Relationship Manager (BRM) is a business-facing role that acts as the primary intermediary between the business and IT. As a strategic interface with assigned business units and a trusted advisor to senior business executives, the BRM ensures alignment to the business. This alignment between IT and corporate departments helps balance expectations, priorities, service levels and investment. The BRM establishes and maintains value-driven, strategic relationships within budget parameters that proactively manage business demand, advise on strategy and gauge customer satisfaction. These items are accomplished by creating a prioritized project portfolio, participating in strategic planning activities and assessing feedback from customer surveys.
- Build trusted relationships with key client representatives to identify and prioritize opportunities that effectively enable business objectives through technology solutions.
- Manage business relationships by collaborating with internal and external customers to ensure that projects, systems and enhancements are delivered in an efficient and effective manner.
- Actively monitor client satisfaction in light of current projects/outstanding issue status, based upon defined expectations, and take appropriate actions.
- Assist business leaders in articulating technology needs and requirements that enable and enhance business performance.
- Lead pre-project solution approach and estimation efforts to document scope and cost implications of potential technology projects.
- Conduct thorough evaluation during pre-concept stages of all engagements.
- Create and maintain a clear, prioritized portfolio of projects to articulate client technology needs.
- Lead development of cost benefit analysis for client requested technology projects.
- Must be knowledgeable of Property and Casualty insurance and experienced in supporting ISO based Commercial Package Policy rating, quoting and policy administration systems.
- Serves as a subject matter expert responsible for assisting the business users with analyzing the business needs, defining the detailed requirements, validating solutions, and using business system applications.
- Must have an understanding of the insurance product development lifecycle and its impact on IT.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field or equivalent work experience
- Formal IT or Insurance qualifications (CPCU, CSPO, CSM, etc. preferred)
- 7-10 years of Property & Casualty experience in various disciplines (Underwriting, Claims, Compliance), with a broad range of exposure to various technical environments and business segments a must
- Previous experience of Business Relationship/Business Liaison role within Property/Casualty insurer is highly desired.
- Experience working in a matrix and/or shared services environment
- Three or more years of experience with managing teams
- Extensive experience in strategic planning, business development or client management
- Experience with program and portfolio management (desirable)
- Deep experience engaging with senior leadership
- Subject matter expertise relevant to assigned business area
- Working knowledge of the industry, major business processes and key performance indicators
- Demonstrated breadth and in-depth knowledge of assigned business areas
- Solid understanding of current and planned architecture, platforms and solutions that support the business
- Broad understanding of the current and emerging technology, trends and developments
- Strong working knowledge of governance policies and practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as an ability to communicate effectively with various levels of staff
- Attention to detail and excellent analytic skills
- Solid planning, financial and performance management skills
- Good project management skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong customer service orientation toward Business Units requiring technical consultation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong leadership ability; able to work with a group to set its objectives and agenda, generate allegiance to those objectives, and guide and motivate achievement.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills; able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations with ease and adjust schedules to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Strategic thinking; applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities
- Ability to work well independently or in a team environment (on-site or remote)
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.