Principal Enterprise Architect
Bala Cynwyd, PA
The Principal Enterprise Architect will serve as the subject matter expert for TMNAS’ Business Applications and Infrastructure Solutions and is expected to have a deep understanding of business processes and emerging trends in their specific discipline. The Principal Enterprise Architect will work with IT analysis and development teams as well as business management to identify strategic solutions and deliver strategic projects. The must be a demonstrated history of enterprise application development and several years of experience creating and managing enterprise architectures and solutions. The Principal Enterprise Architect will provide expert consultancy across the enterprise, mentoring, formulating technical strategies and policies and acting as a “trusted advisor” to customers and internal teams.
- Assesses business viability of new technologies. Consults with other architects and senior level IT managers to assess and evaluate current strategies.
- Partners with the IT and business leaders to develop models and strategic roadmaps to support business strategies and enable the business/IT partnership.
- Formulates architecture and manages architectural development processes and projects. Models key business processes, critical paths and assesses fit and impact of technology on business processes.
- Leads development of architectural principles to support business goals. Consults with systems engineers and architects to develop IT standards for the business. Oversees development of organization-wide technology architecture.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- BS in Computer Science or Software engineering with at least 8 years of experience in software development, hardware architecture or system architecture. Alternatively, MS in Computer Science or Software engineering with at least 5 years in solution, system or hardware architecture.
- A minimum of 8 years of Architecture experience, at least 3 years of which needs to be working as an Enterprise Architect.
- A minimum of 5 years of recent experience in the Banking/Financial Services/Insurance Industry
- Experience in the IT Consulting industry is preferred
- Experience with the technical and business architectures related to Guidewire Insurance Suite, DataHub, InfoCenter and Portals is beneficial
- TOGAF, Zachman, or related methodology experience required, with a relevant certification is beneficial
- Experience creating future state roadmaps and creating IT strategy
- Ability to work with C level executives and present IT solutions
- Knowledge of insurance concepts, business models, processes and systems.
- Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices and deliverables associates with eliciting and clearly defining and documenting required business functionality as well as non-functional requirements.
- Knowledge of formal methodologies for planning and executing application development, enhancement, or support.
- Understanding of tools and techniques for design, development, and support of Client/Server applications, interactive web pages, databases and data models, IT security models and IT hardware platforms.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for design and development of paper-based and online technical reference documentation, guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.
- Ability to write architectural requirements and functional/non-functional specifications.
- Ability to create technical and business focused diagrams, blueprints and presentations tailored to a wide range of audiences (i.e., detailed blueprints for software developers, business strategies for executives, technical position papers for IT management, etc.).
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills; able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Strategic thinking including the ability to apply organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle or lead multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.