Project Financial Coordinator
Bala Cynwyd, PA
January 11, 2018
At TMNA Services, LLC, we provide professional support services to the Tokio Marine Group of companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America Inc., the First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and the Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Among our professional service offerings are actuarial, financial, audit, payroll, human resources, legal, information technology, investment expertise and Corporate Communications. At TMNAS, customer service is our focus and our passion! At TMNAS, we strive to add value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals.
Supports project financial activities, including project financial record keeping and project reporting for TMNAS and the business units it supports. The ideal candidate will have successfully performed project coordination roles as well as project financial support activities such as budget tracking, reconciliation and forecasting.
- Maintains records of financial activity in accordance with GAAP and organizational standards, and in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Assists with the creation of reports on financial performance for internal and external use; interprets reports for management
- Assists in preparation of annual project budget projections.
- Aggregate data from financial sources (Excel files) and/or Microsoft Project
- Data entry as needed
- SAP reconciliation support
- Financial data reconciliation support
- Process documentation
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company
- Establishes and builds strong working relations and partnerships with Business Units
- Performs some administrative tasks such as arranging meetings, developing agendas, and preparing progress reports.
- Communicates to internal clients.
- Analyzes parameters including costs, time-lines, technical functions, benefits and risks
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- 2+ years of relevant experience (or an equivalent combination of training and experience)
- Ability to support basic functions in at least one of the following competencies of PMBOK: cost, scope, time management
- Familiarity with MS Project or other project management application
- Basic knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques; in addition to, the ability to meet or exceed customer service needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner.
- Knowledge of finance and accounting practices, financial analysis, and reporting; in addition to, the ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Knowledge of tools, practices and considerations for updating and validating general ledger data.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation toward Business Units requiring financial consultation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills; able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.