Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Bala Cynwyd, PA
January 22, 2018
At TMNA Services, we provide professional support services to the Tokio Marine Group of companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America Inc., the First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and the Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Among our professional service offerings are actuarial, financial, audit, payroll, human resources, legal, information technology, investment expertise and Corporate Communications. At TMNAS, customer service is our focus and our passion! At TMNAS, we strive to add value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals.
Responsible for leading the architecture and engineering of infrastructure technologies that may involve virtualization and compute hardware, storage and backups, active directory and messaging or automation and deployments.
- Serves as compute technology expert and coaches junior staff.
- Develops SOP’s for the operations team, including but not limited to tasks such as server builds.
- Develops documentation of overall data center systems architecture (infrastructure focused.)
- Performs compute capacity planning and management, and configuration management tasks as assigned.
- Conducts assigned technology vendor and solution evaluations, and develops related recommendations.
- Uses repeatable best practices in compliance with TMNAS architectural standards and engineering methodology.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Establishes and builds strong working relations and partnerships with Business Units and Senior Management.
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Required Certifications: IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL Foundations v3)
- Solid experience and understanding with: Compute infrastructure design, Virtualization solutions (VMWare and Hyper-V), Windows and Linux host environments and related technologies, Citrix solutions, Application virtualization.
- Solid experience and understanding with: Storage (SAN/NAS) technologies, backup technologies and overall data recovery methodologies, replication technologies
- Solid experience and understanding with: Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, messaging hygiene, archive and encryption solutions
- Solid experience and understanding with: Image development and application packaging, monitoring technologies, automation scripting and management, deployment and system maintenance methodologies
- Relevant Certifications: ITIL Intermediate v3 – Service Transition, IT Planning Protection and Optimization, Service Operation, Operational Support and Analysis, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MSCE Server, MCSE Messaging), VMware Certified Professional (VCP), CompTIA Server+, CompTIA Storage+ Powered by SNIA, EMC Storage Administrator (EMCSA), EMC Storage Implementation Engineer (EMCIE), HP ASE Storage Solutions Architect, Cisco Certified Network Professional - Data Center (CCNP – Data Center)
- 8+ years of relevant experience required.
- Knowledge of typical organizational politics and political tactics; ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels.
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation toward Business Units requiring technical consultation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong project management skills: Plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of resources, to achieve project objectives and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Strategic thinking; Applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Ability to work and lead effectively as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.