Actuarial Enterprise Risk Management Analyst II
At Tokio Marine North American Services, we provide professional support services to the Tokio Marine Group of companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America Inc., the First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and the Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Among our professional service offerings are actuarial, financial, audit, payroll, human resources, legal, information technology, investment expertise and Corporate Communications. At TMNAS, customer service is our focus and our passion! At TMNAS, we strive to add value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals.
The TMNA Actuarial department is looking for an Analyst to join its ERM team. We’re looking for a creative individual motivated to help drive successful business decisions through their quantitative solutions. As a member of the team, it’s expected that you’ll support TMNA by preparing reports, improving processes, critiquing concepts, brainstorming ideas, and building models. You should work well as part of the group while demonstrating an internal drive to autonomously seek out not just solutions, but problems. We work in a dynamic environment where you should be comfortable making adjustments on the fly as requests, workloads, technology, data, and priorities get revised. In short, we aim to welcome a bright individual to the group and expected them to organically add value to all that we do for Tokio Marine.
- Gather and prepare data for analysis, as directed.
- Participate in programming, preparation, and interpretation of actuarial reports.
- Participate in projects involving product development, pricing, reserving, reinsurance issues as well as capital, financial, and investment portfolio modeling.
- Develop new ideas that improve the performance of TMNA’s Group Companies.
- Successful completion of actuarial examinations within the guidelines set in the TMNAS Actuarial Student Program.
- Provide ERM support to TMNA Group Companies and respond to additional requests from the Tokio Marine parent company.
- Perform special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
- Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Understanding of quantitative tools, techniques, and statistical methods.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving problem.
- Superior analytical and reasoning skills with the capability to determine the root cause of problems.
- Demonstrated organizational savvy.
- Strong drive to seek out challenges and accomplish goals.
- Strong ability to develop creative solutions that resolve problems in the best interest of the business.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Aptitude for finding relations among seemingly disjoint sets of information and the ability to exploit these relationships in the development of elegant solutions.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Master’s or Bachelor's degree with a concentration in a quantitative field, additional exposure to finance or economics is desirable.
- At least 3 full actuarial exam completed.
- 2+ years prior property/casualty actuarial experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Some programming experience preferred (e.g. SQL, VBA, R, Java, C#, Python)
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.