Business Analyst III
Jersey City, NJ
December 6, 2017
At Tokio Marine North American Services, we provide professional support services to the Tokio Marine Group of companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America Inc., the First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and the Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Among our professional service offerings are actuarial, financial, audit, payroll, human resources, legal, information technology, investment expertise and Corporate Communications. At TMNAS, customer service is our focus and our passion! At TMNAS, we strive to add value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals.
The Business Analyst III is responsible for the analysis and development of business and functional requirements for business applications in support of TMNA group companies. In this role, he/she is expected to possess advanced skills in key areas (articulated below). A candidate for this position must be able to work in a varied, fast-paced environment as part of service delivery function for TMNA Service (TMNAS) and its Group Companies.
- Formulate and define objectives and scope based on user needs and thorough understanding of business processes
- Gathers and analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group.
- Responsible for the analysis, business requirements and functional specifications development;
- Participates in the planning, execution and documenting results of functional testing.
- Work with business users to solicit, analyze, and document business needs
- Work with the architects and system leads to facilitate the development of solution concepts and to evaluate the feasibility/cost benefit of those solutions
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of SDLC artifacts related to implementation
- Define acceptance criteria as part of requirements
- Assists in the development and delivery of training for end users.
- Responsible for managing communications between IT and business groups.
- Works with internal business groups on process improvement projects designed to improve business results.
- Analyze and document current “as is” business and technology processes
- Review test strategy and test scenarios for QA resources and provide testing support
- Participate in UAT execution and support end user training, as required for eventual product implementation
- Follow SDLC processes, departmental standards, style requirements and all other procedures necessary for data and system integrity.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Works with users and peers in planning, developing, implementing, and supporting new or existing applications. Analyzes and re-engineers business processes.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor Degree (preferably in MIS, IT, or Business)
- Insurance certifications preferred.
- 5+ years of business analysis experience
- Working experience in the property & casualty industry
- Experience writing business requirements and functional specifications
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Visio, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Experience with common Insurance industry package software
- Experience working with HP AML is a plus
- Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices and deliverables associates with eliciting and clearly defining and documenting requires business functionality as well as non-functional requirements.
- Knowledge of formal methodologies for planning and executing application development, enhancement, or support.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for design and development of paper-based and on-line technical reference documentation, guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Clear communication and comprehension skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills; able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Strategic thinking; Applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Strong drive to execute and deliver
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.