Business Analyst II
Bala Cynwyd, PA
February 12, 2018
At Tokio Marine North American Services, we provide professional support services to the Tokio Marine Group of companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America Inc., the First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and the Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Among our professional service offerings are actuarial, financial, audit, payroll, human resources, legal, information technology, investment expertise and Corporate Communications. At TMNAS, customer service is our focus and our passion! At TMNAS, we strive to add value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals.
The Business Analyst II is responsible for the analysis, business requirements and functional specifications development of websites, online portals and other external and internal applications for online, mobile, and other digital platforms for TMNA group companies. In this role, he/she is expected to possess skills in key areas (articulated below). A candidate for this position must be able to work in a varied, fast-paced environment as part of a service delivery function for TMNA Services (TMNAS) and its Group Companies.
- Participate in on-going operational support and maintenance for implemented web sites and online portals (internal and external).
- Provide resolution of support and maintenance tickets per established SLAs.
- Participate in the analysis, requirements and design for business initiatives for web sites, online portals and mobile solutions.
- Responsible for the analysis, business requirements and functional specifications development
- Work with business users to solicit, analyze, and document business needs
- Work with the architects and system leads to facilitate the development of solution concepts and to evaluate the feasibility/cost benefit of those solutions
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of SDLC artifacts related to implementation
- Responsible for managing communications between IT and business groups.
- Formulate and define objectives and scope based on user needs and thorough understanding of business processes
- Works with internal business groups on process improvement projects designed to improve business results.
- Collaborate with the UI/UX teams to create designs
- Define analytics requirements and work with analytic products to create reports, measure websites performance and analyze the data to provide usability improvements and optimization recommendations
- Define acceptance criteria as part of requirements
- Review test strategy and test scenarios for QA resources and provide testing support
- Participate in UAT execution and support end user training, as required for eventual product implementation
- Follow SDLC processes, departmental standards, style requirements and all other procedures necessary for data and system integrity
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company
- Collaborate with marketing teams to execute digital strategies and initiatives including: SEM, SEO, MCCM techniques, social media strategy, and provide insight to web trends and analysis
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor Degree (preferably in MIS, IT, or Business)
- Insurance knowledge/certifications preferred.
- 3-6 years of business analysis experience with focus on external web sites and portals
- Experience working on mobile solutions for iOS and Android
- Experience writing business requirements and functional specs
- Experience with UI/design specs/wireframes
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Visio, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Experience working in the insurance industry is a plus
- Experience working with web analytics
- Experience with any Content Management System is a plus
- Knowledge on techniques and principles of web development
- Knowledge the terminology, concepts, and best practices for mobile applications
- Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices, and deliverables associated with soliciting and clearly defining and documenting required business functionality as well as non-functional requirements.
- Knowledge of SDLC, software support, and maintenance approaches
- Up to date on latest web trends, strategies, and product updates
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Clear communication and comprehension skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate)
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills; able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions
- Strategic thinking; applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Strong drive to execute and deliver
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities
- Ability to work independently and without supervision
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.