Senior Programmer, BODS Developer
At Tokio Marine North American Services, we provide professional support services to the Tokio Marine Group of companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America Inc., the First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and the Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Among our professional service offerings are actuarial, financial, audit, payroll, human resources, legal, information technology, investment expertise and Corporate Communications. At TMNAS, customer service is our focus and our passion! At TMNAS, we strive to add value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals.
The Sr. Programmer - SAP BODS Developer will be responsible to lead and/or participate in the support and maintenance, technical design, development and implementation of enterprise DataHub storages and of various data integration solutions. In this role, he/she will be expected to possess advance development skills in key technologies (articulated below). A candidate should be self-motivated, directed and passionate hands on developer with great passion in development and quick at analysis and resolving issues. A candidate for this position must be able to work in a varied, fast paced environment as part a service delivery function for TMNA Services (TMNAS) and its Group Companies whereby he/she can provide technical mentorship and leadership to a team of developers.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or a related technical discipline
- Guidewire DataHub or Data Warehouse related certifications a plus
- Minimum of 7+ years of overall IT experience
- 5+ years professional development experience in ETL design and development in DataHub/Data warehouse environments
- 5+ years professional development experience with SAP BODS
- 5+ years professional development experience in SQL Server 2012, 2014
- Experience in database query optimization
- Experience with source code repositories (Subversion, Team Foundation Server) and continuous integration/deployment
- Professional experience with XML, XSD, XSLT, WSDL, HTTP(s), FTP
- Development experience in transforming XML messages
- Experience with Data Lake or Hadoop implementations is a plus
- Experience with Guidewire DataHub solution and DIAL framework is a plus
- Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices, and deliverables associated with eliciting and clearly defining and documenting required business functionality as well as non-functional requirements.
- Strong Knowledge of the data governance and data management concepts and practices
- Strong Knowledge of the concepts, and best practices for ETL development
- High proficiency in understanding relational data models
- Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices, deliverables and techniques for implementing new or enhance integrations into a production environment.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle methodologies for planning and executing application development, enhancement, or support.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational, or process problems, ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for design and development of paper-based and online technical reference documentation, guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.
- Knowledge of HP Application Lifecycle Management is a plus
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Clear communication and comprehension skills
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Strategic thinking; Applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Strong drive to execute and deliver.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate with other integration teams to share and cultivate any changes needed.
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.